Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default count total dates for each month

I am using excel 2003 and want to count the total of dates for each month,
Jan - Dec. I am using column I6:I600 for the date entry to when a work report
is finished and submitted, and want to know how many have been submitted for
a given month.
I am using the formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(I$6:I$600)=12))
for December. All months work with this formula except January, it keeps
returning 594 regardless if the cells contain a January date or are blank. It
will not count the cell if another date other than January is inserted.
I am thinking that the default value for a blank cell must be 1
Is there any way around this
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Month function will return 1 if the argument is missing.

Use this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(I$6:I$600)=1),--(I$6:I$600<""))

Regards,
Per