Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting a number as accounting in a text reference.

Hello and thank you for your help!
I have a simple task but can't find the solution, best shown by example.

A1=25.00 or 25 or $25.00
B1=The price is& A1.

Result: The price is 25.
Desired Result: The price is $25.00

I've tried various TEXT functions to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

By far the simplest solution is to format B1 as currency but you seem to
have tried TEXT options so if that is what you want try

=TEXT(A1,"$0.00")

Mike

"Pradhan" wrote:

Hello and thank you for your help!
I have a simple task but can't find the solution, best shown by example.

A1=25.00 or 25 or $25.00
B1=The price is& A1.

Result: The price is 25.
Desired Result: The price is $25.00

I've tried various TEXT functions to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Pradhan" wrote:
A1=25.00 or 25 or $25.00
B1=The price is& A1.

Result: The price is 25.
Desired Result: The price is $25.00

Set B1 to:

="The price is " & TEXT(A1,"$0.00")

Use "$#.00" if you would prefer that values less than $1 appear as $.12
instead of $0.12. (I prefer the latter.)

Use "$#,##0.00" is you would like values of $1000 and more to appear as
$1,234.56 instead of $1234.56.

I've tried various TEXT functions to no avail.

In the future, show us some examples. It might be educational for you to
know what was wrong.