Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically calculate the previous days total 'sales'

Good morning, I hope someone can help.

I have a worksheet that has the following three columns:
Date Reciept Price

The worksheet is compiled automatically from information coming from the
primary worksheet in the workbook.

The date is generated each day using the =today() function.

What I need to happen is at the start of a new day, a macro that totals all
of the amounts in the previous days prices.

I will give a mini view of what the worksheet looks like:
Date Reciept Price
16/07/09 1 100
16/07/09 2 100
16/07/09 3 100
17/07/09 4 100
17/07/09 5 100

Therefore, I wish the formula to automatically add each days total prices
together and show the answer in a new cell. I found that the SumIF formula
will do a single days result, however I need this to happen every day without
me needing to code a macro for each specific date.

Thanks in advance for the help