Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How come it say "Microsoft Excel cannot find any data to replace"?

I have a column in Excel with sample items below:

REG.N
KRG.N
ASN.N
PSB.N
PKY.N
PPS.N
PEI.N
MAA.N
MAC.N

I'll need to remove ".N" from each, so I pick "Replace" command and
enter ".N" replaced with blank.

However, when I select "Replace All", it seems that it cannot find any
".N" because I got the message about "Microsoft Excel cannot find any
data to replace". What's wrong with it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the Find&Replace options button. Make sure the "Match entire cell
contents" options is unchecked. Depending on how your data is actually setup,
you may also need to adjust the "Look in" option to values, instead of
formulas.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Curious" wrote:

I have a column in Excel with sample items below:

REG.N
KRG.N
ASN.N
PSB.N
PKY.N
PPS.N
PEI.N
MAA.N
MAC.N

I'll need to remove ".N" from each, so I pick "Replace" command and
enter ".N" replaced with blank.

However, when I select "Replace All", it seems that it cannot find any
".N" because I got the message about "Microsoft Excel cannot find any
data to replace". What's wrong with it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 16, 1:59*pm, "Per Jessen" wrote:
Did you selected the column before Find/Replace?

Per

"Curious" skrev i ...

I have a column in Excel with sample items below:

REG.N
KRG.N
ASN.N
PSB.N
PKY.N
PPS.N
PEI.N
MAA.N
MAC.N

I'll need to remove ".N" from each, so I pick "Replace" command and
enter ".N" replaced with blank.

However, when I select "Replace All", it seems that it cannot find any
".N" because I got the message about "Microsoft Excel cannot find any
data to replace". What's wrong with it?- Hide quoted text -

I didn't select the column at the beginning. Since it didn't work, I
selected the column. However, it didn't work anyway.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Curious" wrote:
I have a column in Excel with sample items below:

REG.N
KRG.N
ASN.N
PSB.N
PKY.N
PPS.N
PEI.N
MAA.N
MAC.N

I'll need to remove ".N" from each, so I pick "Replace" command and
enter ".N" replaced with blank.

However, when I select "Replace All", it seems that it cannot find any
".N" because I got the message about "Microsoft Excel cannot find any
data to replace". What's wrong with it?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Luke M! After I unchecked "Match entire cell contents" option,
it worked. I don't recall when I checked that option in the first
place.