Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy paste between workbooks yields Value only

When I copy a formula from an Excel 2003 workbook to another workbook
(running in a separate intsance of Excel) it pastes the values only (and I
want the formula). After reading several of the posts here, I've gathered
that this behavior is "normal". Is there any way to defeat this behavoir
besides opening the two workbooks in the same instance of Excel? I really do
want to be running the separate instance of Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try copying the formula from the formula bar at the top of the sheet...

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.
'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com)
NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=116157

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try to copy not the cell but the content of the formula bar!
Regards,
Stefi

€˛D Riggins€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

When I copy a formula from an Excel 2003 workbook to another workbook
(running in a separate intsance of Excel) it pastes the values only (and I
want the formula). After reading several of the posts here, I've gathered
that this behavior is "normal". Is there any way to defeat this behavoir
besides opening the two workbooks in the same instance of Excel? I really do
want to be running the separate instance of Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way is:
- select he cell with the formula
- highlight the entire formula in the Formula Bar and copy with CTRL+C
- press ESC to preserve the formula in the cell
- move to new workbook and paste (CTRL+V)
Of course, all you cell references will be exactly as before-- they will not
adjust to the new cell position
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme