Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Toolbar not working correctly in IE after loading Excel doc in bro

After opening an excel spreadsheet in IE, the toolbar displays File, Edit,
View, Insert, Format, Tools, Data, Go To, Favorites and Help. The Edit,
View, Format and Tools do not work when clicking on them. We have tried a
few different pcs. Seven of them work o.k., two do not. We have different
versions of IE mostly Windows XP, Excel 2003 and IE 6 sp2. The ones that do
not work have Windows XP, Excel 2003 and IE 6 sp3 the other one has Windows
XP, Excel 2003 and IE 7.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have had issues with IE opening excel files also. IE has a limited version
of office that it uses and it was cause me all kinds of problems with my
custom tool bars.

I fixed the probelm by changing my preferences to always open Excel files in
real Excel and not the IE version.

To set your preferences to always open excel files in a seperate window, do
the following.

From any folder window (like My Documents), Click the Tools menus bar and
select Folder Options.

Next click on the File Types tab and scroll down to .xls and select the line.

Then click on the Advanced button and uncheck the box "Browse in Same Window"

This will have the files open in real excel rather than the IE version.

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Larry_Ulster" wrote:

After opening an excel spreadsheet in IE, the toolbar displays File, Edit,
View, Insert, Format, Tools, Data, Go To, Favorites and Help. The Edit,
View, Format and Tools do not work when clicking on them. We have tried a
few different pcs. Seven of them work o.k., two do not. We have different
versions of IE mostly Windows XP, Excel 2003 and IE 6 sp2. The ones that do
not work have Windows XP, Excel 2003 and IE 6 sp3 the other one has Windows
XP, Excel 2003 and IE 7.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Toolbar not working correctly in IE after loading Excel doc in

Paul, thank you for your response. I did find that as being a way to get the
menu bar to work. I am looking for a way to get the menu bar to work in the
Internet Explorer window, if I cannot then I will go with changing the
"Browse in Same Window" setting.

"Paul C" wrote:

I have had issues with IE opening excel files also. IE has a limited version
of office that it uses and it was cause me all kinds of problems with my
custom tool bars.

I fixed the probelm by changing my preferences to always open Excel files in
real Excel and not the IE version.

To set your preferences to always open excel files in a seperate window, do
the following.

From any folder window (like My Documents), Click the Tools menus bar and

"Larry_Ulster" wrote:

After opening an excel spreadsheet in IE, the toolbar displays File, Edit,
View, Insert, Format, Tools, Data, Go To, Favorites and Help. The Edit,
View, Format and Tools do not work when clicking on them. We have tried a
few different pcs. Seven of them work o.k., two do not. We have different
versions of IE mostly Windows XP, Excel 2003 and IE 6 sp2. The ones that do
not work have Windows XP, Excel 2003 and IE 6 sp3 the other one has Windows
XP, Excel 2003 and IE 7.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Larry,

I could not get it to work properly, but I will keep my eye on this thread
in case someone has a good solution.
--

"Paul C" wrote:

I have had issues with IE opening excel files also. IE has a limited version
of office that it uses and it was cause me all kinds of problems with my
custom tool bars.

I fixed the probelm by changing my preferences to always open Excel files in
real Excel and not the IE version.

To set your preferences to always open excel files in a seperate window, do
the following.

From any folder window (like My Documents), Click the Tools menus bar and