Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Amend Formula

Hi
I have the following formulas in cells A1 and A2

=COUNTIF(Log!N2928:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3657,"4")/2

Is there an easy way to amend the formulas to:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N4208,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P3660:P4208,"4")/2

without having to manually typing them in (please note that I need to
maintain the column references)

Many thanks in anticipation

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Colin,

Press Ctrl + H, and replace N2928:N3657 with N3660:N4208. Again replace
P2928:P3657 with N3660:N4208. Just two simple steps are you are done.
Thanks.

--
Click on Yes, if it is useful.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)

New Delhi, India

"colin" wrote:

Hi
I have the following formulas in cells A1 and A2

=COUNTIF(Log!N2928:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3657,"4")/2

Is there an easy way to amend the formulas to:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N4208,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P3660:P4208,"4")/2

without having to manually typing them in (please note that I need to
maintain the column references)

Many thanks in anticipation

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Many thanks for the suggestion - if I do a find and replace for 2928 in both
cells and then do a replace all then the first cell is correctly updated,
however the second replacement amends as follows:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3660,"4")/2

The second cells formula amends the second part of the range which to me
appears odd - Iam using excel 2007 - is this a bug?

Kind regards

Colin

"colin" wrote:

Hi
I have the following formulas in cells A1 and A2

=COUNTIF(Log!N2928:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3657,"4")/2

Is there an easy way to amend the formulas to:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N4208,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P3660:P4208,"4")/2

without having to manually typing them in (please note that I need to
maintain the column references)

Many thanks in anticipation

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--Select the cells
--Launch the replace window using Ctrl+H
--Click options and make sure the selection for 'Lookin' is formulas
--Do the below number replacements
find 2928 with 3660
find 3657 with 4208

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"colin" wrote:

Hi
I have the following formulas in cells A1 and A2

=COUNTIF(Log!N2928:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3657,"4")/2

Is there an easy way to amend the formulas to:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N4208,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P3660:P4208,"4")/2

without having to manually typing them in (please note that I need to
maintain the column references)

Many thanks in anticipation

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Colin

It seems to be a (another) bug!

Replace the larger value first, then it seems to work.

Regards,
Per

"colin" wrote:

Hi
I have the following formulas in cells A1 and A2

=COUNTIF(Log!N2928:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3657,"4")/2

Is there an easy way to amend the formulas to:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N4208,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P3660:P4208,"4")/2

without having to manually typing them in (please note that I need to
maintain the column references)

Many thanks in anticipation

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the reply - I have checked the options and the lookin is set to
formulas however it still replaces the second part of the range

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3660,"4")/2

Rgds

Colin

"colin" wrote:

Hi
I have the following formulas in cells A1 and A2

=COUNTIF(Log!N2928:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3657,"4")/2

Is there an easy way to amend the formulas to:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N4208,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P3660:P4208,"4")/2

without having to manually typing them in (please note that I need to
maintain the column references)

Many thanks in anticipation

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you try entering the formulas in to a new workbook/sheet and try the
replacement..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"colin" wrote:

Hi
I have the following formulas in cells A1 and A2

=COUNTIF(Log!N2928:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3657,"4")/2

Is there an easy way to amend the formulas to:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N4208,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P3660:P4208,"4")/2

without having to manually typing them in (please note that I need to
maintain the column references)

Many thanks in anticipation

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Per,

Thanks for the suggestion

That works - many thanks

Must be a built in design feature!!!

Kind regards

Colin

"colin" wrote:

Hi
I have the following formulas in cells A1 and A2

=COUNTIF(Log!N2928:N3657,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P2928:P3657,"4")/2

Is there an easy way to amend the formulas to:

=COUNTIF(Log!N3660:N4208,"4")/2
=COUNTIF(Log!P3660:P4208,"4")/2

without having to manually typing them in (please note that I need to
maintain the column references)

Many thanks in anticipation

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacob

I see the same behaviour as OP. Have tested it in a new excel 2007 workbook,
where I pasted OP's formulas.

If I replace the larger value first, it is working correct.

Regards,
Per