Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joo joo is offline

Default Printing: how do I amend my print defaults?

Having real problems with my print settings:
`1) cant use print preview icon
2) When I use file, print then preview will automatically select the WHOLE
worksheet for preview instead of 1 sheet ... then if press print it prints
the WHOLE worksheet.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to preview, or print, a portion of a sheet, you either have to
set a printrange, or else select the area you want to preview of print, click
on File|Print, tick Selection, and then click on Preview, or Print

"joo" wrote:

Having real problems with my print settings:
`1) cant use print preview icon
2) When I use file, print then preview will automatically select the WHOLE
worksheet for preview instead of 1 sheet ... then if press print it prints
the WHOLE worksheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And to reactivate your print preview button, click on Tools|Customize, Select
Commands, in the left window select Print, and in the right hand windowclick
on the preview icon, and drag it to your toolbar

"joo" wrote:

Having real problems with my print settings:
`1) cant use print preview icon
2) When I use file, print then preview will automatically select the WHOLE
worksheet for preview instead of 1 sheet ... then if press print it prints
the WHOLE worksheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joo joo is offline

Unfortunately there is no print option in the left hand side of the command
area (mentioned below)..... the print preview icon was on the rh side so
Idragged into toolbar .

Result : I now have two print preview icons that dont work. Please can you
help further I really do use the print preview icon a lot. Thanks

"joo" wrote:

Having real problems with my print settings:
`1) cant use print preview icon
2) When I use file, print then preview will automatically select the WHOLE
worksheet for preview instead of 1 sheet ... then if press print it prints
the WHOLE worksheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hold on here joo. Your complaint ws that when you want to printa portion, it
prints the whole sheet. Now you say you do in fact want to print the whole
sheet? If you want to print the whole sheet, hit the printer icon, and it
will do just that. If you want to print one page from the sheet, in other
words a portion of the sheet, do as I suggested

"joo" wrote:

Having real problems with my print settings:
`1) cant use print preview icon
2) When I use file, print then preview will automatically select the WHOLE
worksheet for preview instead of 1 sheet ... then if press print it prints
the WHOLE worksheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joo joo is offline

HI : this was my original message (just to remind you) Having real problems
with my print settings:
`1) cant use print preview icon
2) When I use file, print then preview will automatically select the WHOLE
worksheet for preview instead of 1 sheet ... then if press print it prints
the WHOLE worksheet.

What I should have typed is WHOLE WORKBOOK NOT worksheet.

To confirm : when I use the print preview icon (when looking at a sheet
within a workbook) .... specifically what happens is this:

1) Click print preview icon - the printing pop up comes on screen
2) If I click preview inside this pop up then it previews the WHOLE WORKBOOK
- not just the sheet I am working on!
3) Then if I click print it prints the WHOLE WORKBOOK - not just the sheet .

My current problem is that the PRINT ICON IS NOT WORKING and I NOW HAVE 2
OF THEM !!!
Please can you help.

Thanks.
Thanks