Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert Large Arrow with Text

I want to create a large arrow big enough to put some text within the outline
of the arrow and insert the text. I've seen examples of this so I know it
can be done, but I'm not sure how. Thanks for any help on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Activate the Drawing Toolbar, select Block Arrows from the Autoshapes options.

Click on the arrow of choice and draw it on the sheet by holding down the
mouse button and dragging diagonally down to the right. You can choose a fill
colour at this stage.

Click off the arrow then right-click on it and choose Add Text.

When the text is added click off then clcik on the arrow. if a rectangle is
selected then click the Centre button to centre the Arrow text.

Is this helps please click Yes.

Peter

"dhstein" wrote:

I want to create a large arrow big enough to put some text within the outline
of the arrow and insert the text. I've seen examples of this so I know it
can be done, but I'm not sure how. Thanks for any help on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

dhstein wrote:
I want to create a large arrow big enough to put some text within the outline
of the arrow and insert the text. I've seen examples of this so I know it
can be done, but I'm not sure how. Thanks for any help on this.

In E2003 (not sure about later versions) the Drawing toolbar has some
flexible arrow shapes in which you can add text. Enable the toolbar by
right-clicking in an empty space in the toolbar area, make sure Drawing
is checked, then look in AutoShapes | Block Arrows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just select the shape (so that the selection handles show around it) and
start typing.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)