Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help: Print settings removed between users!

In our office, when an Excel file is passed between computers, the print
settings are sometimes stripped from the file. One person will set
everything, and save the file, then move it to the network. A second person
will copy the file off of the network, open it, and see completely different
print settings. This doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough
to be a serious issue. And with the size and complexity of some of our files,
taking time to change print settings *again* isn't always an option.

Is this a quirk of Excel? A network issue? Or could someone's default print
settings be effecting things?

Please help, as this problem is causing tempers to flare!

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I don't work under a network so I can't say what the cause is, but why not
record a macro that sets up all the print options so when the file is
transfered, with the macro, the user can simply run the macro.

You could even assign the macro to the Workbook_Open procedure and never
have to worry about it again.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire