Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formulas in Pivot Table

Hello, I have a brief question with an issue I have been struggling
with in Excel 2007 Pivottables.

I am organizing a pivot table in excel based on trades made.

I have particular fields added, and then from those fields I formulate
a new column with that fields average, sum etc.

For ex:

I have a Field from the reference sheet: Edge/contract.
I then go to find the average edge/contract for each symbol traded
between the numerous trades.

My next Field I have: P&L/contract.
I then have the column calculated with the sum of p&l/contract.

The goal is to find the percentage of profit/loss per amount of
edge.

I am trying to create a formula that calculates the previous
columns... I would like the formula to look like this...

" 'Sum of p&l/contract'/average 'edge/contract' "... The problem is
this calculation doesn't formulate right. I know by looking at the
values themselves what the actual number should be, but it doesn't
equate to the right value. Essentially i want to use a formula to
reference two already calculated columns, not the field itself
uncalculated with the sum or average.

Any help would be much appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 10, 9:40*am, Trevor Greene wrote:
[...]

Anybody by chance have any suggestions? Need this for work and this
is bugging the heck out of me!! hah
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable
Ratio of PT results.
With extended source data.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynnzte...07_10_09a.xlsx
Excel 2003 conversion declined.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 10, 2:27*pm, Herbert Seidenberg
wrote:
Excel 2007 PivotTable
Ratio of PT results.
With extended source data.http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynnzte...07_10_09a.xlsx
Excel 2003 conversion declined.

Does this work for pivot tables as well?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable
Included alternate method.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzmbzd...07_10_09b.xlsx