Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Greene Trevor Greene is offline

Default Formulas in Pivot Table

Hello, I have a brief question with an issue I have been struggling
with in Excel 2007 Pivottables.

I am organizing a pivot table in excel based on trades made.

I have particular fields added, and then from those fields I formulate
a new column with that fields average, sum etc.

For ex:

I have a Field from the reference sheet: Edge/contract.
I then go to find the average edge/contract for each symbol traded
between the numerous trades.

My next Field I have: P&L/contract.
I then have the column calculated with the sum of p&l/contract.

The goal is to find the percentage of profit/loss per amount of
edge.

I am trying to create a formula that calculates the previous
columns... I would like the formula to look like this...

" 'Sum of p&l/contract'/average 'edge/contract' "... The problem is
this calculation doesn't formulate right. I know by looking at the
values themselves what the actual number should be, but it doesn't
equate to the right value. Essentially i want to use a formula to
reference two already calculated columns, not the field itself
uncalculated with the sum or average.

Any help would be much appreciated