NikiK

Default how do I do a screen dump?

In my college assignment I am working on the professor asked me to take a
screen dump on the worksheet I am working on to show the buttons I created.
I have no idea what a screen dump is.
Ken Wright

Holding down SHIFT and hitting the PrtScr key at the top of your keyboard
will snap an image of your desktop to your clipboard. Then go into
Powerpoint or Word or some image editor and paste it in. ALT+PrtScr will
give you just the active window.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"NikiK" wrote in message
In my college assignment I am working on the professor asked me to take a
screen dump on the worksheet I am working on to show the buttons I

created.
I have no idea what a screen dump is.

Carole O

One way would be to press Print Screen (one of the buttons on the top of the
keyboard - to the right of the Function keys). Then open Word or PowerPoint
and paste (Ctrl V). Find the Crop icon - it looks like a double X (XX) on
an angle. Crop all the screen area that are not part of the spreadsheet, and
print it out.

Good Luck,

Carole O

"NikiK" wrote:

In my college assignment I am working on the professor asked me to take a
screen dump on the worksheet I am working on to show the buttons I created.
I have no idea what a screen dump is.

Gord Dibben

Hit the PrtScn button to capture the screen to the clipboard.

Then open MS Paint or your favorite graphics program and "Paste" from the
clipboard.

Save as *.jpg or similar and give to professor.

You could also paste into Excel or Word if needed.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP