Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying a formula from original cell to mutilpe cells?

I have a formula that I need to copy to cell below it. However, the first
code of the formula needs to remain the same value.

EX: =((E5*'GSP Guest Counts'!B5)+'GSP Guest Counts'!B5)

The B5 in the next cell should be B6 and E5 stays the same. A manager
deleted all the formula's and I figured out the formula, however can't get in
copied to other locations.
--
Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the below

=(($E$5*'GSP Guest Counts'!$B5)+'GSP Guest Counts'!$B5)

Below are the different reference styles.

A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag
the formula.
$A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change
A$1 The row reference is fixed and will not change.
$A$1 Column and row reference are fixed.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Lisa" wrote:

I have a formula that I need to copy to cell below it. However, the first
code of the formula needs to remain the same value.

EX: =((E5*'GSP Guest Counts'!B5)+'GSP Guest Counts'!B5)

The B5 in the next cell should be B6 and E5 stays the same. A manager
deleted all the formula's and I figured out the formula, however can't get in
copied to other locations.
--
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So if I want to have the E5 reference to stay fixed in all cells I would put
the $E$5 and that will keep that cell in each string, no matter the data
after it.
--
Lisa

Try the below

"Lisa" wrote:

I have a formula that I need to copy to cell below it. However, the first
code of the formula needs to remain the same value.

EX: =((E5*'GSP Guest Counts'!B5)+'GSP Guest Counts'!B5)

The B5 in the next cell should be B6 and E5 stays the same. A manager
deleted all the formula's and I figured out the formula, however can't get in
copied to other locations.
--
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thats right..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Lisa" wrote:

So if I want to have the E5 reference to stay fixed in all cells I would put
the $E$5 and that will keep that cell in each string, no matter the data
after it.
--
Lisa

Try the below