Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find Feature

Hello,

I like the find feature, but sometimes I can't tell where the found item is.
Is there a way to set options so that when the text is located, the box can
be highlighted a certain color?

Thanks.
NicoleS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select your range Ctrl+H Find what: enter your citeria Replace with:
<leave it blank on the right hand side select Format Format Patterns tab
select any color you like OK out

"NicoleS" wrote:

Hello,

I like the find feature, but sometimes I can't tell where the found item is.
Is there a way to set options so that when the text is located, the box can
be highlighted a certain color?

Thanks.
NicoleS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Teethless Mama,
a follow up question...
When I do that, I get a message that Microsoft Office can't find the data...
but I was testing it with a phrase I could see.
I tested it twice, once selecting the whole sheet using the little box in
the upper left column, and the other time by highlighting the whole sheet.

Ideas?

"Teethless mama" wrote:

I hit a send button to soon.
The last part is "selct all"