darnat2

Default how to change "Find" feature

Darwin Wadel

I am wondering if someone could help me a bit, I'm sure this is easy to
many but I know next to nothing about Excel. I have a huge database of
book titles on excel and I need to be able to search the titles with at
least 2 words in the search box, words that are not consecutive in the
title, for instance, in the title "Stephen King, The Barking Dogs" I
need to be able to enter "King" and "Dogs" in the find box and have it
find both words in column D in all D cells that have those two words in
it. Now the only way it works is if both words are together. My titles
are always in column D. I don't want the search to come back with one or
the other but both search words need to be in the cell regardless if
they are consecutive or not. Is there a code that can be written for
this? Thankyou very much!

--
darnat2
darnat2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16464

Norman Jones

Hi Darnat2,

Try using the * wildcard to concatenate the search strings, e.g.

*King*Dogs

---
Regards,
Norman