Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

Default Is there a way to continuos sort data ?

I have a spreadheest with the names of th students and for each one several
columns of avaluation and at end the column of the Total .
can I have a continuous sort spreadshhet actualized after insert new point
of evaluation ?

thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could have an event macro that looks for a change to values in a certain
column and then sorts the data.

But I wouldn't do this. If you make a typing mistake, it could be difficult to
find where that row with the error moved.

Instead, If you're using xl2003 (or higher), you can apply
data|filter|autofilter. There's an option under each arrow that allows you to
sort the filtered range by that field.

If you're using any version of excel, you can use a technique at Debra
Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson