Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Continuos addition of two columns

I have an open workbook with mulitiple sheets. I want to create a column "F"
that will keep track of all transactions made in column "E". e.g
"E" "F"
Amount $ Balance
$5,000.00 $5,000.00
-$0.04 $4,999.96
$3.89 $5,003.85
$24,000.00 $29,003.85
$21,000.00 $50,003.85
$16,000.00 $66,003.85

However, as of right now, I have to manually add/subtract "E" and then type
it in to "F". What can I do to have this done automatically? I am falling way
behind in doing this manually and need to catch up/remain current on 50+
pages, and counting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use AutoFill. Say we have data in column E:
4
78
9
78
69
70
63
70
63
2
2
95
86
38
15
97
58
36
26
62

in F1 enter:
=E1
In F2 enter:
=F1+E2

Now you can either:

1. copy the formula in F2 downwards
2. click on F2 and move the mouse to the lower, right-hand corner of the
cell. The fat plus will become a thin plus. Then double-left-click.

4 4
78 82
9 91
78 169