Junior Member

Default show geographic locations on excel sheet

I need to maintain an excel sheet showing the current position of some items I rent out to different parts of the country. For easier understanding of my colleagues, I would like to have the country map on my sheet, with the position of the items indicating presence or absence when I enter the required values in another shhet in the same workbook. Can someone help me to find a way to do this

Regards, Seby John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

XL2002 and beyond no longer have the map object built in. Instead, Microsoft
wants you to use an external mapping program (such as Mappoint) to do it, as
discussed in the article below.

HTH,

Eric

"sebyjohn73" wrote:

I need to maintain an excel sheet showing the current position of some
items I rent out to different parts of the country. For easier
understanding of my colleagues, I would like to have the country map on
my sheet, with the position of the items indicating presence or absence
when I enter the required values in another shhet in the same workbook.
Can someone help me to find a way to do this

Regards, Seby John

--
sebyjohn73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for posting the right link! I grabbed the wrong darned one. Although
maybe someone else might need it if they've kept an older version of Excel on
their system all this time.

"sebyjohn73" wrote:

I need to maintain an excel sheet showing the current position of some
items I rent out to different parts of the country. For easier
understanding of my colleagues, I would like to have the country map on
my sheet, with the position of the items indicating presence or absence
when I enter the required values in another shhet in the same workbook.
Can someone help me to find a way to do this

Regards, Seby John

--
sebyjohn73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is one more source of ideas for mapping your data without having to
purchase Mappoint.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-105...-data-Maps.htm

"sebyjohn73" wrote:

I need to maintain an excel sheet showing the current position of some
items I rent out to different parts of the country. For easier
understanding of my colleagues, I would like to have the country map on
my sheet, with the position of the items indicating presence or absence
when I enter the required values in another shhet in the same workbook.
Can someone help me to find a way to do this

Regards, Seby John

--
sebyjohn73

Junior Member

Thanks all, for your suggestions. I'm working out on your ideas, and so far it's going well.

Regards, Seby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLatham View Post
Have you investigated this: