Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i use excel to calculate weight (as in stone and lbs)?

Hello.

I'm trying to find out how to use excel to calculate a number in to weight
(stone and pounds).

What I need it to do is when the lbs gets to 14, then it needs to add 1 to
the stone. I suppose the best way would be to have a seperate stone and lbs
column but I'd like to keep it in one column if possible (as in 00.00).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the below formula

=(INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14))+0

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Clive Jones" wrote:

Hello.

I'm trying to find out how to use excel to calculate a number in to weight
(stone and pounds).

What I need it to do is when the lbs gets to 14, then it needs to add 1 to
the stone. I suppose the best way would be to have a seperate stone and lbs
column but I'd like to keep it in one column if possible (as in 00.00).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for.. If it is the below will
display the value as text in 00.00 format

=TEXT((INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14)),"00.00")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below formula

=(INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14))+0

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Clive Jones" wrote:

Hello.

I'm trying to find out how to use excel to calculate a number in to weight
(stone and pounds).

What I need it to do is when the lbs gets to 14, then it needs to add 1 to
the stone. I suppose the best way would be to have a seperate stone and lbs
column but I'd like to keep it in one column if possible (as in 00.00).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK for A1 values such as 140 or 141, but look (for example) at A1 values of
139.999 or 142.1 or 153.99
--
David Biddulph

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for.. If it is the below
will
display the value as text in 00.00 format

=TEXT((INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14)),"00.00")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below formula

=(INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14))+0

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Clive Jones" wrote:

Hello.

I'm trying to find out how to use excel to calculate a number in to
weight
(stone and pounds).

What I need it to do is when the lbs gets to 14, then it needs to add 1
the stone. I suppose the best way would be to have a seperate stone and
lbs
column but I'd like to keep it in one column if possible (as in 00.00).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Should have been..(still not sure whether this is what OP is looking for)

=TEXT((INT(A1/14)&"."& ROUND(MOD(A1,14),)),"00.00")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"David Biddulph" wrote:

OK for A1 values such as 140 or 141, but look (for example) at A1 values of
139.999 or 142.1 or 153.99
--
David Biddulph

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for.. If it is the below
will
display the value as text in 00.00 format

=TEXT((INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14)),"00.00")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below formula

=(INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14))+0

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Clive Jones" wrote:

Hello.

I'm trying to find out how to use excel to calculate a number in to
weight
(stone and pounds).

What I need it to do is when the lbs gets to 14, then it needs to add 1
the stone. I suppose the best way would be to have a seperate stone and
lbs
column but I'd like to keep it in one column if possible (as in 00.00).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Better, but still get such answers as 09.14 and 10.14 from A1 values of
139.999 and 153.99.

An alternative might be =TEXT((INT(ROUND(A1,)/14)&"."&
MOD(ROUND(A1,),14)),"00.00")
--

"David Biddulph" wrote:

OK for A1 values such as 140 or 141, but look (for example) at A1 values
of
139.999 or 142.1 or 153.99
--
David Biddulph

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for.. If it is the below
will
display the value as text in 00.00 format

=TEXT((INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14)),"00.00")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below formula

=(INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14))+0

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Clive Jones" wrote:

Hello.

I'm trying to find out how to use excel to calculate a number in to
weight
(stone and pounds).

What I need it to do is when the lbs gets to 14, then it needs to
add 1
the stone. I suppose the best way would be to have a seperate stone
and
lbs
column but I'd like to keep it in one column if possible (as in
00.00).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you to both of you for your help.

With the answers you both gave me, I have managed to get the desired result
I wanted.

Appreciate your help :)

"David Biddulph" wrote:

OK for A1 values such as 140 or 141, but look (for example) at A1 values
of
139.999 or 142.1 or 153.99
--
David Biddulph

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for.. If it is the below
will
display the value as text in 00.00 format

=TEXT((INT(A1/14)&"."&MOD(A1,14)),"00.00")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below formula