Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I merge duplicated data in rows with different criteria

I have a spreadsheet with two columns, the first column has a name the second
a reference no. Some of the data is duplicated. How do I either merge the
data or delete the duplicated rows.
I tried search and find but that means I have to type in each surname. It is
a list of 600 rows.

Any ideas? Thanks
--
xxx888xxxx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way is to sort by reference number. Duplicates will then be below each
other, ready to be deleted.

Another way is to use a formula
=COUNTIF(A$1:B$600,B1)
Enter this in C1, and copy down - move cursor to right bottom corner of B1,
it changes into a narrow plus sign, double-click and done. All duplicates
will show a number, indicating how many times it has ben duplicated.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail