Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie kassie is offline

Default How do I merge duplicated data in rows with different criteria

One way is to sort by reference number. Duplicates will then be below each
other, ready to be deleted.

Another way is to use a formula
=COUNTIF(A$1:B$600,B1)
Enter this in C1, and copy down - move cursor to right bottom corner of B1,
it changes into a narrow plus sign, double-click and done. All duplicates
will show a number, indicating how many times it has ben duplicated.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Sigourney-Leigh" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with two columns, the first column has a name the second
a reference no. Some of the data is duplicated. How do I either merge the
data or delete the duplicated rows.
I tried search and find but that means I have to type in each surname. It is
a list of 600 rows.

Any ideas? Thanks
--
xxx888xxxx