Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create an Invoice from a row of data

please help,
I have a worksheet where each row represents an Invoice Record (name,
address,amount etc) and another worksheet that has an Invoice layout.
I want to be able to populate my invoice worksheet with one row of data from
my data worksheet when either I select a field in that record, or I enter the
row number of my Invoice record worksheet somewhere in my Invoice worksheet.
Hope this makes sense, any suggestions or alternatives really welcomed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Starting with the simple formula of
=A2
which would normally bring in data from column A, row 2, to whichever cell
you want, we can modify this so that the row callout is dependend on user
input. Let's say you input the row number into cell Z1
=INDIRECT("A"&Z1)
You could now use this formula, in similar construct, throughout your
invoice form to pull data from appropriate columns on your data sheet. Then,
by inputting the row number you want into your selection cell, all your
formulas will update and pull from the new row.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M