Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro to create new invoice

Hi,

I would like to create a macro which clears the contents of selected cells,
creates a new invoice number by adding 1 to the previous number then saves
the document.

I am OK with the clearing cells and saving worksheet part of the macro but I
am not sure how to add the number to the invoice. Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi MB
Are you asking to add to your macro a way to increment a number let say
012345 in cell D1 everytime you execute the macro??
Regards
Cimjet
"MB" wrote in message

I would like to create a macro which clears the contents of selected
cells, creates a new invoice number by adding 1 to the previous number
then saves the document.

I am OK with the clearing cells and saving worksheet part of the macro but
I am not sure how to add the number to the invoice. Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, there is only one sheet and the invoice number is in a cell, I am
trying to get it to advance by one every time I create a new invoice and at
the same time clear the details from other cells used in the previous
invoice.

"MB" wrote in message

I would like to create a macro which clears the contents of selected
cells, creates a new invoice number by adding 1 to the previous number
then saves the document.

I am OK with the clearing cells and saving worksheet part of the macro
but I am not sure how to add the number to the invoice. Any help
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

somewhere on the sheet is where you have your current invoice number, let's
just say K8 is where you have your invoice number.

next, somewhere in your macro, you need to add the following

mycount = Range("K8") + 1
Range("K8") = mycount

hope that helps,

jatman.