Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conflict between Excel and Outlook

I am running a trial version of Office 2007 on an XP SP3. I also tried it on
Windows 7 RC and I am having the same problem.

My Excel workbook has links that get updated through DDE and/or other
workbooks. All of these work great on their own. However if Outlook is
running these links wont update and Excel freezes until I close Outlook.

Any idea if there is a solution. as this was not occuring with Office 2002.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know if this will cure it or not, but I think it's worth a try.

Office Button - [Excel Options] then select the Advanced group and down
about 75-90% of the way is a grouping called General. Toggle the option for
"Ignore other applications that use DDE"
and keep your fingers crossed.

There's also a toggle for "update links to other documents" in the grouping
(When Calculating this Workbook) just above the General one that you might
also take a look at.

"Richard" wrote:

I am running a trial version of Office 2007 on an XP SP3. I also tried it on
Windows 7 RC and I am having the same problem.

My Excel workbook has links that get updated through DDE and/or other
workbooks. All of these work great on their own. However if Outlook is
running these links wont update and Excel freezes until I close Outlook.

Any idea if there is a solution. as this was not occuring with Office 2002.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"JLatham" wrote:

I don't know if this will cure it or not, but I think it's worth a try.

Office Button - [Excel Options] then select the Advanced group and down
about 75-90% of the way is a grouping called General. Toggle the option for
"Ignore other applications that use DDE"
and keep your fingers crossed.

There's also a toggle for "update links to other documents" in the grouping
(When Calculating this Workbook) just above the General one that you might
also take a look at.

Well I must have crossed the wrong fingers LOL as it didnt work but thanks