Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Classic View

Please bring back classic view. I think you've let this ribbon joke go on
long enough. After 3 months of use am still spending an average of 1.5 - 2.0
hours longer each night on work that I used to because I'm forced to use the
mouse so much more. Ribbon view might be fine of the mouse dependent who
rarely use the program but for power users on the 2003 interface its like a
sick joke. I know that the old ctrl and alt commands still work but without
the menus, I often forget the command sequence because I can no longer see
the text in the menu drop downs. I think if you actually took a vote from
your power users you would find that all of them would support having a
classic view and most would suuport a complete reversion to the old view.
Unfortunately you probably let some marketing exec sell you on the idea that
this needs to be more "apple" like to cater to the brainless. Did you do any
testing with this at all? Next time you test your products here is a tip:
take the mouse away from your test group. If they aren't capable of working
without the mouse, they are not your target audience. The most proficient
users of your software won't be mouse users becuase of how slow and
ineffcient the mouse is. I used to love excel and all of the office products
and now I absolutely hate them. Change for the sake of change is a joke.
Tell your marketing execs to stay home next time.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MenuExcel
http://www.addintools.com/english/menuexcel/

Tooolbar Toggle
http://www.toolbartoggle.com

XL Menu 2003
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

UBitMenu
http://www.ubit.ch/software/ubitmenu-languages/

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Ex-fan of excel" <Ex-fan of
wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I totally agree, I am having exactly the same problems. I rarely use the
mouse in Excel 2003, it's a waste of time. So even after I learn the new
Ribbon (if I ever do), having to use a mouse will continue to be a total
waste of my time. The old keystrock commands do still work but it's
impossible to remember every single command sequence without the drop down
menu feature. I would like to return my Excel 2007. This "upgrade" to Excel
is a total joke, but I am not laughing.

"Ex-fan of excel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I couldn't agree more. Pathetic that we have to purchase add-on products
from other software companies in order to continue to use Excel in an
efficient manner. . . . . Happy to see someone found the links and replied
to you - I'm in the same boat. Abominable. . . . .