Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula for 20 minute meetings

Can someone give me a formula with a 20 minute slot times like a meeting
starts at 8:00AM second 8:20AM followed by 20 minutes after...I need this
formula to calculate the 20 minute time frame!! thank you thank you thank you
--
2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

With start time in A1, enter in A2
=A1+Time(0,20,0)
Copy down as required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Excel ??" wrote in message
Can someone give me a formula with a 20 minute slot times like a meeting
starts at 8:00AM second 8:20AM followed by 20 minutes after...I need this
formula to calculate the 20 minute time frame!! thank you thank you thank
you
--
2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

nope it didn't work???

Of course it does, provided you have entered a valid time recognized by
Excel in cell A1. I suspect that you entered in A1: 8:00am. That's TEXT, not
a valid time. Re-enter in A1 like this: 8:00 am (with a space before the
"am" bit). Excel will recognize it, and it will appear as: 8:00 AM when you
press ENTER.

Alternatively, you could plug this into A1: =TIME(8,0,0)
as the start-time (it will be valid)

P/s: Please don't multi-post. You're wasting the time/effort of responders
posting answers to posts which might have already been answered elsewhere by
others.
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Expand on "it didn't work"... exactly what did happen?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Excel ??" wrote in message
nope it didn't work???