Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Anyone know what "[VSync]" appended to filename title means?

I am using microsoft Excel 2003.

I have a spreadsheet open, and one of the tabs has "[VSync]" appended to the
filename in the menu bar at the top of the page. The other tabs in the
spreadsheet do not have the "VSync" appendage.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Although I've never seen it, my first thought was it means vertical sync
when you are using the Windows, Compare side by side. However, I can't get
it to display that.

There is a reference to that at

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...3comm=1&res=20

and although such a feature would be nice, it doesn't seem to apply to Excel.

It turns out that:

This happens when a workbook was created in 1-2-3, in which the Window
command was once used to synchronize the scrolling of two windows. When
such a file is opened in Excel and a second window is created (through
Window, New Window) Excel re-establishes the window scroll synchronizing.

You can eliminate this just by closing all but one of the file's windows.
Just click the "x" of every window with a number after it. For example:
"MyFile.xls:2 [VSync]".

When only one window is open then the VSync disappears.

To permanently remove the VSync you have to run a macro and then save the
workbook. Run this when the problem file is active in Excel:

Sub UnSyncWindows()
Windows.Arrange ActiveWorkbook:=True, synchorizontal:=False,
syncvertical:=False

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire