Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone know what "[VSync]" appended to filename title means?

Hi,

Although I've never seen it, my first thought was it means vertical sync
when you are using the Windows, Compare side by side. However, I can't get
it to display that.

There is a reference to that at

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...3comm=1&res=20

and although such a feature would be nice, it doesn't seem to apply to Excel.

It turns out that:

This happens when a workbook was created in 1-2-3, in which the Window
command was once used to synchronize the scrolling of two windows. When
such a file is opened in Excel and a second window is created (through
Window, New Window) Excel re-establishes the window scroll synchronizing.

You can eliminate this just by closing all but one of the file's windows.
Just click the "x" of every window with a number after it. For example:
"MyFile.xls:2 [VSync]".

When only one window is open then the VSync disappears.

To permanently remove the VSync you have to run a macro and then save the
workbook. Run this when the problem file is active in Excel:

Sub UnSyncWindows()
Windows.Arrange ActiveWorkbook:=True, synchorizontal:=False,
syncvertical:=False

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Excel Ant" wrote:

I am using microsoft Excel 2003.

I have a spreadsheet open, and one of the tabs has "[VSync]" appended to the
filename in the menu bar at the top of the page. The other tabs in the
spreadsheet do not have the "VSync" appendage.