Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 -- 2003 Compatibility

I use Excel 2007, but I am starting a major project for users that mostly
have Excel 2003. Is there a way to have Excel 2007 only show those functions
that would be compatible with Excel 2003. I know there is compatibility mode
(which I am using), but 2007 still shows me functions and colors only 2007
can show. It has been very frustrating to try and guess what will work with
2003 and the little compatibility report before save is not nearly specific
enough to help me.

Any ideas? (I wish the compatibility pack that people download for 2003
would enable all the 2007 functions to display properly, but it seems to only
open the file and try to translate anything that isn't native to 2003)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know of any tool that will do what you want.

I think you're going to either develop in xl2007 and then do a bunch of testing
in xl2003. But better yet would be to develop in xl2003 and do (a lot less)
testing in xl2007.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I thougth that would be the case. I could unpack my old office 2003
CD and work from there but that kinda defeats the purpose of me buying office
2007. I really like the ribbon now actually, so I might just risk it and use
2007 and go back and forth.

If anyone knows any tools out there that would allow me to better work with
2007, that would be appreciated.