Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dgold82 dgold82 is offline

Default Excel 2007 -- 2003 Compatibility

I use Excel 2007, but I am starting a major project for users that mostly
have Excel 2003. Is there a way to have Excel 2007 only show those functions
that would be compatible with Excel 2003. I know there is compatibility mode
(which I am using), but 2007 still shows me functions and colors only 2007
can show. It has been very frustrating to try and guess what will work with
2003 and the little compatibility report before save is not nearly specific
enough to help me.

Any ideas? (I wish the compatibility pack that people download for 2003
would enable all the 2007 functions to display properly, but it seems to only
open the file and try to translate anything that isn't native to 2003)