Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change from columns to rows and back

I have a vertical list that I want to make horizontal instead. Is there an
easy way to do this other than marking, dragging and dropping each post on a
separate column? How do I reverse the process if I instead have a long row
that I want to make into one column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try

Copy the listSelect a blank cellRight clickPasteSpecialSelect TransposeOK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"SwEdIsH_OfFiCe_UsEr" wrote:

I have a vertical list that I want to make horizontal instead. Is there an
easy way to do this other than marking, dragging and dropping each post on a
separate column? How do I reverse the process if I instead have a long row
that I want to make into one column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It helps if I have a list with only one column, but what do I do if I have
two columns that I want to be put next to each other, like this:

1 a
2 b
3 c
4 d

--

1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d

Is that possible?

And can I somehow merge two (or more) lists like this without doing it
manually?

1 a 2 a
1 b 2 b
1 c 2 c

--

1 a
1 b

"SwEdIsH_OfFiCe_UsEr" wrote:

I have a vertical list that I want to make horizontal instead. Is there an
easy way to do this other than marking, dragging and dropping each post on a
separate column? How do I reverse the process if I instead have a long row
that I want to make into one column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will need to use formulas OR will have to write custom macros to do this..

Suppose you have a list (ColA and ColB); the range is A1:B10; try the below
formula in say(cell C1 and copy that to right as required...)

=INDEX($A$1:$B$10,INT((COLUMN(A1)+1)/2),MOD(COLUMN(B1),2)+1)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria