-   -   Change from columns to rows and back (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235273-change-columns-rows-back.html)

SwEdIsH_OfFiCe_UsEr

Change from columns to rows and back

I have a vertical list that I want to make horizontal instead. Is there an
easy way to do this other than marking, dragging and dropping each post on a
separate column? How do I reverse the process if I instead have a long row
that I want to make into one column?

Jacob Skaria

Change from columns to rows and back

Try

Copy the listSelect a blank cellRight clickPasteSpecialSelect TransposeOK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"SwEdIsH_OfFiCe_UsEr" wrote:

I have a vertical list that I want to make horizontal instead. Is there an
easy way to do this other than marking, dragging and dropping each post on a
separate column? How do I reverse the process if I instead have a long row
that I want to make into one column?

SwEdIsH_OfFiCe_UsEr

Change from columns to rows and back

It helps if I have a list with only one column, but what do I do if I have
two columns that I want to be put next to each other, like this:

1 a
2 b
3 c
4 d

--

1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d

Is that possible?

And can I somehow merge two (or more) lists like this without doing it
manually?

1 a 2 a
1 b 2 b
1 c 2 c

--

1 a
1 b

"SwEdIsH_OfFiCe_UsEr" wrote:

I have a vertical list that I want to make horizontal instead. Is there an
easy way to do this other than marking, dragging and dropping each post on a
separate column? How do I reverse the process if I instead have a long row
that I want to make into one column?

Jacob Skaria

Change from columns to rows and back

You will need to use formulas OR will have to write custom macros to do this..

Suppose you have a list (ColA and ColB); the range is A1:B10; try the below
formula in say(cell C1 and copy that to right as required...)

=INDEX($A$1:$B$10,INT((COLUMN(A1)+1)/2),MOD(COLUMN(B1),2)+1)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria