Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using = (equal)

Both cells C2 and B3 are formatted for text.
Cell C2 contains June 30, '
In cell B3 I type =C2
Instead of B3 containing June 30, it contains =C2
I often use the = command from one page to another as well as on the same
page of a worksheet. This has never happened before. Using Offfice 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jimmer" wrote in message
Both cells C2 and B3 are formatted for text.
Cell C2 contains June 30, '
In cell B3 I type =C2
Instead of B3 containing June 30, it contains =C2
I often use the = command from one page to another as well as on the same
page of a worksheet. This has never happened before. Using Offfice 2007.

Click in cell B3 and press enter... Should do the trick.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format B3 to general.
Press F2 in B3.
Press enter