Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Decimal

I'm using a formula in column E that displays X in front of the number in
column B, and Y in front of the number in C. The issue is that some numbers
in B and C are decimals (2.36,10.01,101.75, etc.), but sometimes they are
whole numbers, 15,100,85, etc.). I need the data in column E to put a
decimal after the whole number, but no zeros...and I do not need another
decimal at the end of a decimal number...so basically if the number does not
already contain a decimal, I want it to put a decimal at the end....so if
column B read -140 and column C read 161.02...I want column E to read
"X-140.Y161.02"

Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your limit is up to 2 decimals:

="X"&TEXT(B2,"0.##")&"Y"&TEXT(C2,"0.##")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M