Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I move documents between Excel 2007 and 2008

I use Excel 2007 at work and have Excel 2008 (for the Mac) at home.

My plan was to be able to move Excel files back and forth between these two
environments editing the file at each location.

Unfortunately, the very first Excel file I transferred to Excel 2008
revealed that the 2008 implementation doesn't have all the functions of 2007.
Specifically, I was using advanced conditional formatting, and complex
filtering, and these are not supported in 2008.

I have read microsoft.com web pages that state that 2008 is compatible, so
is there an update that I am missing that I need to support 2007 Excel files
(and I don't mean just the ability to read them)?

If 2008 is not actually compatible with 2007, is there a list of the
incompatibilities? Every time I search the Microsoft websites looking for
such a list, I find pages that tell me it's actually compatible, so I'm
confused.

Also, I guess the list of incompatibilities might cut both ways, in that
maybe 2008, being a later release, has functionality the 2007 does not have.