Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop Down List Question

I am trying to make a drop down list that displays clear english deffinitions
but when it is printed it prints out a code that is assosiated with the
deffinition.
So it would look something like this:
DOP Date of Packaging
DOR Date of Receipt
DOS Date of Shipment
DOT Date of Q.A. Test Acceptance

When "Date of Packaging" is selected it is displayed on the computer but
when you print "DOP" would show up in its place. This list is stored in a
seperate worksheet, if that matters. I know this is possible because I
already have some that work but they were made in v2003 not v2007, I tried
copying one that works but that ended up not working.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I figured it out, the person who made this file placed the drop down list
over what was actually printing.

So what was happening was you pick an item from the drop down list that
updates a cell, then an index used that cell to pickup another cell which is
the one that prints.

What made this complicated is that the drop down was perfectly placed over
what was being updated so I didnt know it was even there.
Thanks for your time,
John O

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Post one or two of the "some that work" in 2003 and any formulas or code
that produces the results you want.

I can't see why the same method won't work in 2007

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:01:01 -0700, John Oster <John
wrote:

I am trying to make a drop down list that displays clear english deffinitions
but when it is printed it prints out a code that is assosiated with the
deffinition.
So it would look something like this:
DOP Date of Packaging
DOR Date of Receipt
DOS Date of Shipment
DOT Date of Q.A. Test Acceptance

When "Date of Packaging" is selected it is displayed on the computer but
when you print "DOP" would show up in its place. This list is stored in a
seperate worksheet, if that matters. I know this is possible because I
already have some that work but they were made in v2003 not v2007, I tried
copying one that works but that ended up not working.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for clearing that up John

Gord