Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default highlighting text

I'm attempting to do some conditional formatting on text. I need to
highlight cells by itself that contain the text .
is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes. :-)

Conditional format with contains and enter your text...

"ganga" wrote:

I'm attempting to do some conditional formatting on text. I need to
highlight cells by itself that contain the text .
is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying you want to compare your
cell's text against another cell?

In that case, select formlua is from the first drop-down and enter =A2 or
whatever cell has the text to compare.

Or, are you saying if the cell has text, highlight it?

In that case, formulas is... =ISTEXT(A2) where A2 is the cell you are
evaluating.