Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I need Equation

Hi all
I need Help to Find Equation:
I have table of 3 clmns and 200 rows : colmns is (A :serial), (B: names), and
(C: amounts).

On sheet2 I Locate cell A1 to rite a figure betwween 1~200
On Cell C5 I Need Equation that If I wright number 5 for example on a cell
A1 , the result give the amount related to number 5 in serial from sheet1.

many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Nidal,

Keeping all of your requirements in mind, I have developed following
equation / formula, which needs to be placed in Sheet 2:-

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A:$C,3,0)
Type above formula in Cell C5 of Sheet 2

=VLOOKUP($A:$A,Sheet1!$A:$C,3,0)
Type above formula in Column C of Sheet 2, if you need it to work
dynamically. It will find the value which is there in column A of sheet 2
from sheet 1.

--
Click on Yes, if it is useful.

Thanks & Best Regards,