Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default simple formula help in Excel 2007

I need to multiply two cells with numbers, then add that to two cells with
numbers that multiply each other, then add that to two cells that multiply
each other.

In simpler times, in the past with Excel 2003, I believe I achieved that by
using the following. Can you correct me for Excel 2007?

=SUM(A1*A10)+(B1*B10)+(C1*C10)

Thank you...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't really need the SUM function. This should accomplish what you want:

=(A1*A10)+(B1*B10)+(C1*C10)

Even the parenthesis are technically redundant and could be removed, but I
would include them anyway just because it's easier to read.

HTH
Elkar