supergoat

Default Data Validation - Location of input message box

Hi,

I have add eean input message box to aid data entry in a cell where there is
data validation.
I open the worksheet, reposition the message box, save the worksheet.
re-open the worksheet and when i click on the cell with data validation the
message box is in its original position (obscuring other fields). Anyway I
can make the position of the message box fixed?

Many Thanks.
Jim Rech

I must admit I didn't know you could drag the Data Validation input message
around. You're right the new position is lost after a save, close, re-open.
I don't see a way to preserve it, even by macro.

--
Jim
"supergoat" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have add eean input message box to aid data entry in a cell where there
is
| data validation.
| I open the worksheet, reposition the message box, save the worksheet.
| re-open the worksheet and when i click on the cell with data validation
the
| message box is in its original position (obscuring other fields). Anyway I
| can make the position of the message box fixed?
|
| Many Thanks.

supergoat

Thanks Jim.

I thought as much.

Debra Dalgleish

And if you move one of the data validation messages, all of the messages
appear in that location, until the file is closed and reopened.

Jim Rech wrote:
I must admit I didn't know you could drag the Data Validation input message
around. You're right the new position is lost after a save, close, re-open.
I don't see a way to preserve it, even by macro.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

arnoldarmy

Hi

I tried this a fewmonths ago - having a similar problem in wich the actaul
size of the drop down list of validated entres varies from sheetto sheet - so
on some workseets you can read 30 charcters and on the next (identical)
worksheet you can on see 15 characters.
Apparantly, there is no way to change this - I have scouted round the excel
experts' sites to know avail -
I would be ver intersted if anyone elscan find a solution.
thanks

david r

"supergoat" wrote:

Thanks Jim.

I thought as much.

Debra Dalgleish

You could use a textbox to display the input message. There's an example
he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Input Message in Textbox'