Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default returning a list of data and only including in the chart if choose

I have just been a presentation done by someone external to my organisation.
As part of the presentation I was shown a template which had features I
wanted to know how it can be done.

Feature 1:
A list of products from various suppplier was in one worksheet
The data may look like this:
Product A Supplier 91212 Amount $52
Product B Supplier 91212 Amount $50
Product A Supplier 91285 Amount $55

In a another worksheet:
If you type Product A in, it will return a list that matches Product A:
Product A Supplier 91212 Amount $52
Product A Supplier 91285 Amount $55

How do you get it to return you a list when you type in the product?

Feature 2:
The data may look like this.
Product A Supplier 91212 Amount $52
Product A Supplier 91285 Amount $55
Product B Supplier 91212 Amount $50
Product C Supplier 91212 Amount $150

A chart is created based on the above information. However, you have the
option to choose which product you want included in the chart just by putting
Yes next to the record. How is this done?

I would really like to find out how the 2 features is done, because it will
help me with another task that I'm doing. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Take a look at Advanced Filter
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"ExcelUSER" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First of all, Thanks Roger for your prompt response. However, I think there
is a misunderstanding in what I need. What you refer me to will do the job.
But what I need is for feature 1, if someone type the name of the product.
Then straight away returns the list without manual intervention. Is this
possible? In addition, what about feature 2? Can it be done? Thanks in
advance for your help.