Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advanced Filter Macro Failing

Hi,

I have recorded a macro that uses the advanced filter to give me all work
that was carried out between two dates.

This data is copied to a new sheet.

There is a third sheet which contains a pivot table to analyse this data.

This was working perfectly when I had test data in, now that we are
inputting real data with different dates to my test it is failing.

I am running the macro from a button.

If I go through the exact steps of the macro it works, so I re-record it and
it fails to work.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Someone is going to want some more information on this. It would be nice to
see the code generated by your recorded macro. Also, next time you try it
and it fails, it would be good if you hit the [Debug] button and let us know
what line is highlighted - that's the line that caused the failure. Finally,
the specific error message would be another helpful bit of information.

"Mustang" wrote:

Hi,

I have recorded a macro that uses the advanced filter to give me all work
that was carried out between two dates.

This data is copied to a new sheet.

There is a third sheet which contains a pivot table to analyse this data.

This was working perfectly when I had test data in, now that we are
inputting real data with different dates to my test it is failing.

I am running the macro from a button.

If I go through the exact steps of the macro it works, so I re-record it and
it fails to work.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have an idea.

But I'd step through the macro using the F8 key and between every major
(whatever that means), I'd swap back to excel to see if things look like they
should.

--

Dave Peterson