Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default option panes/ drop down lists

is it possible for me to make a drop down list /option pane on one sheet,
while getting the cells for the list from another sheet?
my goal is to use that option pane as a tool to make match functions work
with exact matches
any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to create a named range. Select the cells you want in your list,
then either input a name (no spaces, e.g. MyRange) into the block left of
address bar, or use Insert - Name - Define to set your range.

Now, on the sheet you want dropdown, Data - Validation - List. Source:
=MyRange

Voila!
--
Best Regards,