Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default freeze panes not an option

I can split panes in Excel 2007 but "Freeze Panes" does not highlight as an
option in the View/Window menu. Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can either split the pane OR freeze the pane - you can't do both
simultaneously.

"Chief Pasanga" wrote:

I can split panes in Excel 2007 but "Freeze Panes" does not highlight as an
option in the View/Window menu. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

By "not an option" you mean Freeze Panes is grayed out?

First, when you want to freeze panes, it is not necessary to split screen
first, in fact that step is a waste of time, go directly to freeze panes.

Second, yes you can not have both freeze panes and split screen active at
the same time, but Freeze Panes is still active (an option) when split screen
is on.

Third, if freeze panes is not available check to make sure
1. If the worksheet is Protected.
2. If the workbook protection is on.
3. If you are in Edit mode.

If these help, please click the Yes button

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Chief Pasanga" wrote:

I can split panes in Excel 2007 but "Freeze Panes" does not highlight as an
option in the View/Window menu. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe it's the same complaint I have. I want to freeze everything above and
to the left of cell 'E4' so that I can scroll all the way to the right and/or
down and still see those first 4 columns and top 3 rows, as I was able to do
in Excel 2003.

Thank you,
Bernard