Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum Lookup

I'm wanting to lookup up one value in a list of other values and return the
sum of the values in the column next to it but can't figure out how.

For example, I have a list of items in column N. I want the sum from column
H each time the item in Column N appears in Column G. So basically anytime
the item in Column N appears in Column G, I want it to sum each value in
Column H in the corresponding (same row that the data appeared in in column G

Column G Column H
Allen 45
ABA 113
A&B 75
A&B 65
A&B 235
Accu 117
Accu 85
Ahaus 10

Say I have A&B in column N (I'm working in column O)....I want to know the
sum for A&B...so it should return 375.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=sumif(G2:G20, N1, H2:H20)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"lightbulb" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To copy this down, you can use:
=sumif(G$2:G$20, N1, H$2:H$20)

Regards,
Fred

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
=sumif(G2:G20, N1, H2:H20)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"lightbulb" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
I assume your values start in row 2 so in O2 enter

=sumproduct(--(N2=$G$2:$G$100),$H$2:$H$100)
Copy formula down

change the range to fit your needs but remember the range has to be exactly
the same in both sides of the formula

"lightbulb" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try this in O1:

=SUMIF(G:G,N1,H:H)

then copy down to cover the items you have in column N.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 17, 2:19*pm, lightbulb
wrote:
[...]