Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Sum Lookup

You could try this in O1:

=SUMIF(G:G,N1,H:H)

then copy down to cover the items you have in column N.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 17, 2:19*pm, lightbulb
wrote:
I'm wanting to lookup up one value in a list of other values and return the
sum of the values in the column next to it but can't figure out how.

For example, I have a list of items in column N. *I want the sum from column
H each time the item in Column N appears in Column G. *So basically anytime
the item in Column N appears in Column G, I want it to sum each value in
Column H in the corresponding (same row that the data appeared in in column G

Column G * * * Column H
Allen * * * * * * * * * 45
ABA * * * * * * * * * *113
Accu * * * * * * * * * 117
Accu * * * * * * * * * 85
Ahaus * * * * * * * *10

Say I have A&B in column N (I'm working in column O)....I want to know the
sum for A&B...so it should return 375.

Any help?