F7772

Default PERSONAL.XLS

how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA
Hank Scorpio

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:41:01 -0700, "F7772"
wrote:

how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA

Personal.xls is loaded automatically from the xlStart folder, the
location of which will vary according to your operating system and
Office version. All you need to do is find that folder, and move
personal.xls out of it.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
JE McGimpsey

Remove the file from your XLStart directory and restart XL.

In article ,

how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA

F7772

nope, the XLStart folder is empty...

"F7772" wrote:

how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA

Hank Scorpio

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:24:02 -0700, "F7772"
wrote:

nope, the XLStart folder is empty...

Are you sure that you found the right one? The location of the folder
has changed over the versions and some old directories could well have
been left behind if you upgraded.

Alternatively, check Tools - Options - General, and see whether
there's an alternative "At startup, open all files in..." directory.
If so, see whether the file is in that one.

"F7772" wrote:

how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *

Dave Peterson

In fact, next time you're in the VBE, hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
then type:
?workbooks("personal.xls").FullName

and hit enter. You'll see where this file is really located.