Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a Link to a Specific Worksheet

I want to be able to create a link to an Excel workbook which worked in older
version of Excel and i was curious if it still works in Excel 2007. I
followed the process below but it did not seem to work.

In the URL line, put your cursor after (workbook).xls and type #(name) where
(name) represents the name you defined in step two. For example, if the
workbook you created was entitled 'Workbook' and the Name you defined in step
two was 'worksheet', the URL line would read:
Workbook.xls#worksheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First touch the Insert tab
The touch Hyperlink
Specify to a Place In the Document

and then set the link.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200856

"mlenmik" wrote:

I want to be able to create a link to an Excel workbook which worked in older
version of Excel and i was curious if it still works in Excel 2007. I
followed the process below but it did not seem to work.

In the URL line, put your cursor after (workbook).xls and type #(name) where
(name) represents the name you defined in step two. For example, if the
workbook you created was entitled 'Workbook' and the Name you defined in step
two was 'worksheet', the URL line would read:
Workbook.xls#worksheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the quick reply. Howvere, I am not clear what to do. The issue
is I have a web-site that I want to include a hyperlink to a specific Sheet
in a specific Workbook when the Excel file is opened.

I thought I could do this by adding the Sheet name or using a Define name to
the end of the hyperlink using #<"name" but that didn't seem to work. For
example, my hyperlink from the web page is something like the following:

http://......./...../Workbook.xls

I thought if I changed this to http://......./...../Workbook.xls#Sheet -or-
define name in the sheet that would work. It used to in older versions of
Excel but I am having problem in the newer version.

Hope that helps explain the issue.