Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate accumulative total, based on conditions of two different

I need to modify a sort of time sheet. Currently, the sum of two columns
produces a quantity of time, i.e. 1 hour. I am needing to add another column
with a drop down box that will identify how that quantity of time is to be
allocated to a certain department. Then, in another cell, I need to have the
various hours for each department accumulate as data is entered throughout
the month, with a sum for all departments that will reconcile with the total
on the invoice that we will receive at the end of the month. Keep in mind
that each row in the spreadsheet might have a different selection made in the
drop down box.

How can I create a formula in one cell that will accumulate the hours for
each department?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate accumulative total, based on conditions of two diffe

Not completely. My total cost and allocation are in separate rows. Can you
provide more insight?